CFD with FPV racing drones

I am currently checking the feasibility of computational fluid dynamics with racing drones in Autodesk CFD2018.

This is one of my first attempts to simulate a simple copter draft by Heiko Schenk. I am still very new to CFD, so I am looking for feedback too.

I am including the effect of the propeller jet (velocity distribution and swirl) and also the motor housing rotation. The flow velocities of the propellers were calculated in JavaProp (33000 RPM, 360 Watts, 30 m/s, 3 blades, 5 inch diameter).

Watch this video for more information and some results:



Comments

  1. Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice practices and we are looking to trade methods with others, be sure to shoot me an email if interested. long range drones for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello do you know the coefficient of friction of the drone with this study?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 15 inch long-range setup for 2020 (with CAD files)

Part 1/3: Side Force Generators (SFGs) in FPV Racing

Finished I²C to PWM converter and TriGUIDE mini

Part 2/3: Side force generators - Forces and turning

Aerodynamics in racing multirotors!